about the blog

In the next three years I’d like to take an IELTS exam and learn two other languages: Norwegian (which is new to me) and French (this one I’ve tried to learn before). In the meantime I’ll need to study for my classes at University.
Why I am challenging myself with all these? Because I like challenges and I hate limits. This, and the fact that I want to emigrate.
So this blog will be, basically, about my struggle with learning languages and University. If you are interested,feel free to stay and comment. If you find any mistakes, or have any questions - just let me know.
home personal layout
"The limits of my language are the limits of my world."
‒Ludwig Wittgenstein

Friday 23 August 2013

# Random note about books
Hello again! 

I know it's hard to believe, but this blog is not dead. Not yet anyway. Today I'll tell you something about books – I gather that talking about books will be easier for me than actually reviewing, but don't worry some reviews (Gaiman, Huff, Lee, Flewelling, Clare) will finally come. Today just few words about books in general.
I am a reader obviously, but as many of you I am a reader because of this one, particular book. This one, which introduced me to the world of words and kindly opened the door for me. This was, honestly (as it is the first book, I remember choosing by myself, without parental guidance or order) was Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. I was in fourth grade, I believe and the Fellowship Of The Rings was about to hit the cinemas. And here was I, ten years old still believing in elves and still remembering old stories told by Grandfather (who read to me, re-discovered later, Karol May's books – wonders of Wild West were known to me, and I was dreaming about meeting Vinnetou and Old Shatterhand, but this is another story), in the midst of the greatest discovery of my life.
I went to the movie and I saw the story, I fell in love with images implanted in my head, with mysterious valley of Rivendell, with wisdom of Elrond and Galadriel, I dreamt about picking up sword and fighting beside Aragorn and Gimli, and I cried when Boromir died. I wished back then, that those stories could be true – and that I'd be able to meet them all. And here comes books given to me for birthday present – and that's where the story really has its beginning. Because showed me that all of them – brave Aragorn, proud Boromir, wise Gandalf, loyal hobbits and all of them are true and I can meet them anytime I want. I discovered roads on which I still travel from time to time (15 re-reads so far and still counting!), I've met friends I always dreamt to have, I had adventures that no one else in my classroom had and I just get lost in the world of fantasy, with elves' music in ears and wonders of never-never land in front of my young eyes. I still sometimes am looking for small pixies outside the window and still looking in the forest for smallest trace of hobbits and elves or even dwarfs, even though I am much older now. Yet books will keep my dreams forever young and so will be I, I believe.
And I don't know if I should write it here, maybe I shouldn't really, cause it's just blab without much sense, but – but maybe it's a start.


Ah, this new layout was made by absolutely lovely Tyler from graphical-thoughts (link under "layout" in the menu) and I'd really like to say big THANK YOU, cause you did an awesome job!;-)

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar story, but about Harry Potter. And Anne of Green Gables. Ah, memories :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Harry Potter is quite fresher story - for long I thought that Harry Potter is for children and when you are twelve you do not want to be child:P

      Anne for Green Gables - it was quite naive, and I don't like how LMM killed all great things about Anne.

      Delete