about the blog

In the next three years I’d like to take an IELTS exam and learn two other languages: Norwegian (which is new to me) and French (this one I’ve tried to learn before). In the meantime I’ll need to study for my classes at University.
Why I am challenging myself with all these? Because I like challenges and I hate limits. This, and the fact that I want to emigrate.
So this blog will be, basically, about my struggle with learning languages and University. If you are interested,feel free to stay and comment. If you find any mistakes, or have any questions - just let me know.
home personal layout
"The limits of my language are the limits of my world."
‒Ludwig Wittgenstein

Tuesday 10 December 2013

No comments
Add comment (+)
[BA Project]#3
Hello!

Long time no see, as someone from AnK used to say - but hey, there is a lot going on recently. Soon should you expect some other type of post (no, not a review, sorry!) but today is a BA update time.

Lately I've read whole series (two, actually) from Patricia Briggs and collected some data about werewolves. Yet it wasn't until I've read Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift that I realised that I collected more data than I thought. One of Patricia Briggs' character was Bran Kornick called "The Marrok". When I was reading Briggs' books I thought it was just a title, with no real meaning, but when I found the same word in Anne Rice's novel I decided to google it and....
...Yes, it wasn't just a title. It was a name of one of oldest werewolves in literature, as the one who used that name was a knight of round table. Yep, there was a werewolf among Arthur's knights. So some points of my thesis changed a bit - the others not so much. But while I looked for more info on Marrok I found book which will fit perfectly into my thesis and of course I've ordered it already - The Werewolf in Lore and Legend by Montague Summers and now I am waiting for it to come (Christmas be damned). I haven't started actual writing yet, but I am close to it and hopefully will write part of first chapter during next few days. 
It will be on Native American's version of the myth and most of this part will be based on awesome book - Wolves and the wolf myth in american literature by S.K. Robisch.

As my deadline is slowly coming during next few weeks (preferably until and during Christmas) I intend to write at least one (but I'll attempt to write two) chapter of my thesis. Unfortunately how fast it'll go depends strongly on how fast my new book will arrive. If it won't arrive in time for Christmas I'll be in need of switching order and I'll be forced to start with middle or last one chapter. Hopefully it won't come to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment