about the blog

In the next three years I’d like to take an IELTS exam and learn two other languages: Norwegian (which is new to me) and French (this one I’ve tried to learn before). In the meantime I’ll need to study for my classes at University.
Why I am challenging myself with all these? Because I like challenges and I hate limits. This, and the fact that I want to emigrate.
So this blog will be, basically, about my struggle with learning languages and University. If you are interested,feel free to stay and comment. If you find any mistakes, or have any questions - just let me know.
home personal layout
"The limits of my language are the limits of my world."
‒Ludwig Wittgenstein

Friday 1 November 2013

[BA PROJECT] #2
Hello again!

I'm pretty sure, that I should post here something, so here I am. Some progress have been made lately, even though I still haven't started writing. But I'll soon. Anyway, I've made detailed plan of what I want to include in my thesis and in result I broaden up area of research a bit. Apart from three mythologies I've mentioned before I added Greek, as concept of lycanthropy there was pretty interesting. Also I am thinking about switching into shapeshifters in general, instead of werewolves only, but I am not sure if it could work this time. According to my supervisor I am to write something about 30 pages standardized text, so there is no place for broadening topic... I'll think about it during the weekend.

I still haven't found time to visit my library, though I used EBSCO database (someone was nice enough to give me password) and free version of Jstore, so I am content with what I found. And I started to do some reading - some time ago my beloved Cinnamon Cookie (also known as Librocubicularists - you really should check her out) recommended me a book by M.D. Lachlan "Wolfsangel"so I chose it to be first on my list. I need to admit that it's interesting, but hard to read and I am easily distracted from reading it, even if I am trying really hard. Anyway, I'll read it soon and then go for mentioned before Skipp's anthology. In the meantime I'll look into Little Red Riding Hood stories (I borrowed awesome book about it), as there is a version with werewolf in it.
Also I'll look deeper into mythologies - even though I identified some myths and mythical figures that I should read about in two out of four mythologies, I still need to work harder on it.

And it's almost everything what I've got for you today! See you soon!


PS: This little pile of books is what I should read in near future, though some of needed books are hidden on my e-book reader,





1 comment:

  1. Ha, that's a nice post :D And thanks for mentioning me here ;)
    And gosh, my MA thesis is a complete mess, and I SHOULD WRITE IT SOON XD

    ReplyDelete